Friday, July 17

Can I recall that last sentence????

Look at me go! Another post already....Anyway, you know how you say something and as the words escape your mouth you desperately try to think of a way to grab them mid air and swallow them....

One lovely saturday morning I was on the couch, totally absorbed in my book, (The Host...it's a really good read) while Kelly went out to mow the lawn. After several chapters I realized that he should have been done so I went outside to find him working in the garden pouring with sweat. He told me how he'd mowed the lawn, trimmed the egdes, water plants, etc...(The list was quite long) I asked him to come inside the house and cool off. He collapsed in front of the swamp cooler totally exhausted while I laid down and put my head in his lap. Then....as I have a tendency to say exactly what's on my mind, I causually say, "My back hurts from sitting on the couch." We both started laughing so hard we were tearing up.

3 what you think:

KarKar said...

I love that story...!!!

Kar

Heather said...

That's hilarious! We missed you guys at the 4th of July barbeque at G & G Muir's. Glad to hear that you are doing well.

Jess said...

It's hard being a diva but I'm glad you can do it!