Thursday, October 1

To Fly, or Not to Fly

This morning the rooster was crowing awfully early....or should I say that Myron, our duck, was making quite the ruckus at an unhealthy hour. It was so loud I thought it was right outside the bedroom window, which happens to be the driveway and also impossible because he can't fly. I finally relented and got going for the day, the entire time wondering what his problem was out there. When I walked out to leave there he was squaking and trying to figure out how to get back on the other side of the fence where he belongs. The only logical explanation is he flew out....but he can't fly! Or can he? So I opened the gate and he went running right back where he came from. I'm assuming he's a fan of his domestic captivity as opposed to the other side of the fence.

0 what you think: