Monday, December 22

Tis the season...

If you haven't ever spent a holiday with the Griswalds, let me just say, my house is about as close as it gets, especially when I'm in the kitchen! My cullinary masterpieces aren't anything beyond burnt water or smoking grilled cheese sandwiches. Which makes me wonder why I would ever attempt the task of gingerbread trees. Mix the dry ingredients then ad the rest. Couldn't be easier! FALSE! It is not that easy. For starters, let me tell you a little something about my mixer, it has 2 speeds, "Off" and "drive it like you stole it." Somewhere along the lines it has lost gears 1-6. That being said...I had to beat the eggs so I plugged it in and then began putting the beaters in. Lesson 1: Never trust a beater with a power supply. I accidentally pushed the on button with my hand while I was still holding onto the beaters. That thing grabbed ahold of my fingers like there was no tomorrow. Lesson 2: Screaming doesn't help. And thats exactly what I did. I screamed, and held on. It seemed like ages before I could gather my thoughts enough to think, "You're still holding onto this thing you big idiot!" But once I did, I threw it to the floor like it was a sandwich with half of a worm in it, and then rushed to get it unplugged as it bounced around at my feet, still going 90 mph. Kelly turned around and looked at me like "What on Earth is going on in there?" As if any explanation was needed!
And to answer your questions...Yes, I am still complaining about it a little bit. No, my hands are not horribly mangled. And for realsies...The dang thing STILL works! Rattles a little bit...but full speed is still functioning as it was before.

0 what you think: