Wednesday, February 2

I Can't Wait Until....

The other morning we are lying there in bed, watching the sunshine creep through the blinds and just enjoying being close to one another when I said, "I can't wait until I'm 50." Kelly, who I'm sure is really curious where this is going because I've been quiet long enough to have an incredibly wild train of thought going on, says, "Oh yeah? Why is that?" And here is why....it suddenly dawned on me. I'm about to spend the remainder of my 20's pregnant and changing diapers. And when you put it that way...50 sounds pretty dang awesome. It will be all about ME time again. Don't get me wrong, I'm entirely excited for kids and going to love every minute of it...but I'm a realist...when 50 hits its going to feel epic!

1 what you think:

Stephanie said...

I'm rooting for 40. At least by then my kids should be able to take care of themselves. :) I've at least got a countdown! 15 more years (don't do the math it's wrong!)